Posts generally display the following content:
- Posts are displayed dynamically so they appear in a reverse chronological order on site just like a blog.
- Post usually contain things such as news, blog items and articles and is considered update-able content that can become untimely after certain amount of time
Pages Display the following content in general:
- Pages on the other side are static, they are displayed as free standing and have no relationship with other pages as posts do. This means they do not contain the information that relates to another information contained on another page.
- Pages usually contain information such as about us page, contact page and FAQ ( frequently asked question ) like pages that remain static.
Organization of Posts and Pages:
- Published date and time, that means one can view all posts by selecting a particular time period.
- Category, One can view all the posts that are placed inside a category named "Cars" for instance.
- Tags, Or one can view posts with certain tags.
- Author, Lastly all posts can be viewed written by a particular author.
- Pages are only only organized on parent/child relationship basis. That means one can write one page and another page and set the second page as the child of the first page. This relationship is displayed only when it comes to menus such as navigation menu or a sidebar menu that displays page hierarchy where a child page will be displayed subsidiary to its parent page.