First purchase a Web hosting plan on Hostgator according to your requirements. You can use the discount coupon by clicking on the Banner below. We recommend you to Purchase Hostgator Baby Plan because you can add as many sites as you want.
After you are doin with your purchase, Hostgator will email you the Passwords of your web host service, You can Login to your account by using the following type of URL. Here "yousite" means the URL of your website:
For example lets say I own www.wpreads.com, then I can access my hostgator panel on the following URL:
In particular we have to setup MySQL server so that all our contents are stored there. If you are using Hostgator then your Cpanel will look like this
Step 1 : How to Add a Domain in Cpanel
Here you observe there are several icons pointed out in red. These icons are used for adding sites in your web host and installation of WordPress. Here keep in mind wherever we use yoursitename, this means we are referring to your site's URL.
Click Addon Domains icon, Once you have clicked it, you will be able to see the following settings panel:
- In New Domain Name : write the URL of your website.
- In Subdomain/FTP username : Write yoursitename
- In Domain Root : Write public_html/www.yoursitename.com
- Use Password Generator and copy that password in any notepad file in your computer
- Click Add Domain
Step 2 : How to create a MySQL database for WordPress in Cpanel
- Chose Name for your Database and click Next
- Chose Username for your Database and then chose Password. It is highly recommended that you use Password Generator for creating strong password.
- Click Create User
Step 3 : How to Install WordPress for web hosted sites
- Go to www.wordpress.org and Download the Latest WordPress version.
- Then Go to your Hostgator cpanel account and click File Manager
- Chose your site and open it.
- Here you can see there is only one folder named cgi-bin in it
- Now click Upload and Chose the WordPress file you downloaded from www.wordpress.org
- When it successfully uploads in your Cpanel, select it and click Extract
- Now Refresh the Page and You see there are three files now.
- Open the file name WordPress and select all files in it and then right click and chose Move.
Step 4 : How to Add MySQL database in wp-config.php
When you are done, click Save Changes
Again find the file name wp-config-sample.php and right click on it and then chose Rename